It has survived revolution, fires and conflict between European powers. It has been home to indigenous peoples, enslaved Africans and indentured Indians. Its music, food, architecture and culture are a mixture of influences from Africa, India, Europe, China, Latin America and more. This is Port of Spain, a confusing and unorthodox city, rooted in history and home to visionaries.
I will be your guide as we explore the story of Port of Spain as well as the significant people and events which impacted its development. We will get up close and personal with my favourite steelband and meet some of the icons from this community. The steelpan, invented by the humble people of Laventille, may now be found in university and community music programmes around the world. We’ll explore where we parade at Carnival time. Our annual Carnival is the inspiration for more than 100 similar festivals around the world!
Come with your curiosity, I look forward to sharing Port of Spain with you. After all, it’s my city!
- Private Guide
- Air-conditioned car/ mini-bus
- Departure: From hotel or guest house in Port of Spain area
- Return Details: Return to hotel or guest house in Port of Spain area
- Confirmation email will be received at the time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
POST A REVIEW